In a vast 260 000 hectare private concession thats borders the Moremi National Park, you will find the classically elegant Stanleys Camp. The most affordable camp in the Sanctuary Retreats Botswana portfolio, Stanleys is a traditional tented camp with a modern twist.
Facilities at Stanleys Camp
- The main area of the camp lies under a large tented canopy. Here you will find the bar, dining and lounge areas of the camp which look out over the large floodplain.
- The swimming pool is strategically placed for privacy and to enjoy the views.
- The camp has wireless internet access from the main area of the camp but there is no cell phone coverage.
- A great emphasis is placed on food. Tasty beautifully presented meals are the order of the day. High tea is served each day before the afternoon game activity.
Accommodation at Stanleys Camp
- Eight individually decorated tents on raised wooden platforms accommodate a maximum of 16 guests in 2 king bedded tents and 6 twin bedded tents
- Each tent has a private viewing deck which overlooks the floodplain.
- The bathrooms have a shower, basin and private toilet plus complimentary toiletries.
- There are overhead fans in each of the tents.
- Each tent has it own hammock on the verandah - perfect place for an afternoon siesta!
- Childen of 10 years and over may stay at Stanleys Camp. Triple room configurations and babysitters may be arranged on request.
Game activities at Stanleys Camp
Excellent game including all the big cats, elephant, a large variety of plains game, giraffe, zebra, brown and spotted hyena as well as the rare wild dog can be seen whilst staying at Stanleys Camp.
- Morning and afternoon game drives take place in specially adapted open game viewing vehicles
- Mokoro excursions are offerd when water levels permit (traditionally the high season winter months)
- Guided safari walks are an excellent way to enjoy the small details of the bush that are missed when game viewing from a vehicle.
- The concession is shared with the Living with Elephant interaction which guests can undertake at an extra cost. Three orphaned elephants have been given a new lease on life. Guests can undertake this amazingly informative interaction at an extra cost. Walk with them, learn about them and touch them. A definate must for elephant lovers.
Coming soon: a family unit will be available for the 2013 safari season ( July onwards)