Situated on a private concession on a lush palm island in the heart of the northern Okavango Delta, Shinde is an intimate safari camp located on the edge of Shinde lagoon that teems with animal and birdlife.
The main camp’s unique tree house made of a multi-tiered raised dining/lounge area under canvas, set amongst the shade of ebony and mangosteen, complements the atmosphere of this original safari camp.
Accommodation at Shinde is in eight twin en-suite safari tents with private viewing decks. All the bathrooms have hot and cold running water and flush toilet. Each tent has been strategically positioned to maximize the views, whether across the Delta’s mysterious waterways or open grasslands. Accommodation is generally twin share on comfortable three quarter beds, however double accommodation is available on request.
Game activities at Shinde
• Water and land activities can be done throughout the year.
• Powerboat or mokoro excursions provide a chance to experience the incredible bird, plant and reptile species found in the aquatic habitat of the Delta.
• Game drives are conducted in comfortable, specially designed vehicles together with a personal guide. Guided walks are also available for the more adventurous.
• For the fly fishing enthusiast, Shinde offers fishing for a variety of species such as tilapia and tiger fish. Fly or spin fishing can be enjoyed throughout the year (best months May – November).
• Of special interest to birders is the nearby Gadikwe Heronry which is accessed by motorboat
• Shinde is a delightful honeymoon option in the Okavango Delta where guests are accommodated in the honeymoon tent
• Rates are inclusive of all meals. local drinks and game activities.
• Visa, MasterCard and cash can be used for any personal extras.
• Cameras can be charged on request at the managers office.
• Children of 10 years and above are welcome. An extra bed can be put into the parents tent if required.