This exclusive lodge gets its name from the famed 19th century painter Thomas Baines. Set on the permanent water of the Boro River within a private concession area bordering the Moremi reserve, Baines Camp is charming and romantic.
Accommodation at Baines Camp
- The five elevated suites are connected to the main area and swimming pool by way of wooden walkways and each of them looks over the permanent marsh which is inhabited by a vocal pod of hippos. The suites are beautifully decorated; each taking their theme from a particular Thomas Baines painting.
- Romantics will love the mobile four poster beds, which can be pulled out onto the private deck of the chalets. Sleeping under the stars has never been this good!
- Each chalet has beautiful en suite facilities with shower private toilet and basin.
Hairdryer, ceiling fan, in-room safe and mini bar in each chalet.
Paint materials for would-be artists.
Facilities at Baines Camp:
The main area features an oversized deck with both “outside” and “under cover” areas. Even the fire pit is elevated to make the most of the views of the large perennial lagoon which the lodge overlooks.
- An infinity swimming pool with comfortable loungers and thatched sala’s for shade.
- 24 hour 240V electricity is supplied by a combination of silent generator and battery system.
- Rates include all meals, beverages except premium brands, game viewing activities other than elephant interaction, laundry, and emergency evacuation.
- Outstanding gourmet meals are a feature at Baines Camp.
- Guests who book the exclusive use of the camp (a min of 4 rooms must be booked) get an exclusive Bush Survival Skills Course.
Game activities at Baines Camp
- This area offers superb game viewing. Guests can explore the area in open 4x4 game viewing vehicles.
- When water levels permit guests can explore the water ways at the gentle pace on a mokoro (traditional dug out canoes).
- Motorized boat safaris.
- Explore the area on foot with a skilled, armed professional guide
- Baines Camp offers a unique elephant interaction at an extra cost. This activity is usually done in the morning culminating with a lunch in the bush. This is a pure and educational experience that will leave you completely mesmerized.