Click on the photos to enlarge them
Lebala Camp is situated in 2,320 square kms of private unfenced wilderness area within the Linyanti Wetlands. The open grasslands scattered with Illala Palms that stretch to the south and west of Lebala, contrasts with the casual elegance and luxury of the camp itself.
The wetlands and flood plains around Lebala offer a wonderful variety of wildlife with excellent sightings of elephant, hippo, lechwe, zebra, giraffe, impala, wildebeest, kudu, tsessebe, roan, sable, buffalo and the ever present predators; wild dog, lion, cheetah and hyena.
Facilities and accommodation at Lebala Camp
- The eight spacious tents were specifically designed for this camp. Each is elevated on a raised teak deck and laid out with maximum comfort and privacy in mind. The tents have an entrance foyer with a reading and writing area, en-suite bathrooms with Victorian clawfoot bathtubs, "his and hers" washbasins and flush toilets
- The bathrooms lead out to a reed enclosed open-air shower with hot and cold running water, powered by LP gas for hot water on demand.
- Each secluded tent has its own sundeck, and is set back among the trees. The endless vistas from the large windows and decks across the vast plains, make Lebala one of the finest wilderness camps in Africa.
- Lebala is open all year round.
- Swimming pool
- Camp fire around which to sip a coffee or enjoy a nightcap.
- Game viewing hide in camp
- Morning & night game drives in open vehicles which seat a maximum of 6 guests ensuring “window” seats for everyone. After dark, spotlights are switched on and the game drives expose our guests to nocturnal sightings of rare and elusive species such as, leopard, Selous mongoose, small spotted genet, and aardwolf, to name a few.
- Seasonal guided walks.