Lagoon Camp is famous for being the best place in Africa to see wild dog, as the dogs have denned near the camp every year of the camps existence.
Lagoon Camp lies on the shady banks of the Kwando River in a vast private wilderness area of in 2,320 kms2 within the Linyanti Wetlands. Set amongst tall and ancient African Ebony and Marula trees. In the dry season large herds of elephant drink almost daily at the river bank in front of the camp and spotted necked otters are commonly seen performing in the lagoon in full view of the guests.
Lagoon Camp accommodates only 16 guests in 8 twin bedded luxury safari-style tents. Each tent looks out over the water and has private en-suite facilities, including 24 hour hot and cold running water, open-air showers, flush toilets and his & hers basins.
Activities at Lagoon Camp
- Game drives: Morning and night game drives are conducted by specialist guides and trackers in open safari vehicles. This area is home to huge herds of elephants and buffalo. There are few places in Africa where such concentrated numbers of these animals exist, especially in the dry season. The predators are also well represented by lion, hyena, leopard, cheetah and wild dog. Among the great variety of antelope species found at Lagoon, the endangered Sable and Roan are often seen. The big herds attract big predators. The lions of Kwando are famous for their elephant, hippo and buffalo kills.
- Boat cruises in a double-deck boat along the Kwando River
- Specialist fly fishing and spinner fishing for Tiger fish and Bream. Some excellent catches have been made by Kwando guests.
- Guided walks.
Facilities at Lagoon Camp
- The camp open all year round
- Swimming pool
- The rate includes all activities, all meals, all beverages, laundry and emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Guests in wheel chairs can be accommodated in an easy access tent. Please advise us before hand.
- Visa and MasterCard accepted
- Cameras can be charged at the managers office