The Okavango Delta is the only inland water delta of its kind in the world. Stretching over 160 000 km2 and lying within the arid Kalahari desert it supports a staggering variety of wildlife. Belmond Eagle Island Lodge lies within the heart of this water wilderness.
Accommodation at Eagle Island Lodge
- 11 Luxury tents elevated on wooden platforms are shaded by a traditional African thatch roof.
- The tents offer private decks, en-suite bathroom, four-poster bed with mosquito netting, fully-stocked mini bar and air conditioning.
- For guests looking for more privacy there is one private suite which is set further away from the main lodge area. This has its own private splash pool.
Facilities at Eagle Island Lodge
- Enjoy al fresco dining overlooking the lagoon
- Get in shape or cool off in the 20m swimming pool.
- A high-powered telescope at the lodge will bring the African night sky to life.
- Internet access and satellite TV id offered away from the main lounge.
- A same day laundry service is offered.
- End the day at the romantic Fish Eagle Bar for sundowners with views of the African sunset
- A curio shop offers safari gear and a selection of local art and crafts
Small reference library.
- 24 hour emergency facilities and communications.
- Private airstrip and helipad.
Game activities at Eagle Island Lodge
- Being a true water camp guests are able to enjoy the channels around the lodge by mokoro, power boat or on foot.
- Guests can also enjoy a heli flight over the delta( depending on the package may be at an extra cost.)
- Catch a glimpse of the stars . The unpolluted skies of Botswana are the perfect place to see the night skies as you've never seen them before. The lodge has a powerful telescope for you to spot the Southern Cross.
- Go fishing in the crystal clear waters of the Okavango. You may catch a range of Tilapia, tachfish or the reknown fresh water sport fish the Tiger! The lodge has basic fishing equipment so if you're a keen fisherman take your own.